Horizon Fitness T101 Treadmill – The Number 1 Most Loved Horizon Treadmill for Home
Horizon Fitness is part of Johnson Health Tech, one of the largest manufacturers of fitness equipment in the world, and is one of the most popular & well-known producers of mid-price range treadmills. The Horizon T101 is so far one of the best entry level treadmills Horizon Fitness has ever produced.
The Horizon Fitness T101 Treadmill has a level of quality and control that you do not normally see in a treadmill of this price range. With its sturdy construction, easy assembly, powerful and quite motor, stable and comfortable platform, comprehensive and intuitive console, built-in onboard Sonic Surround speakers with MP3 input, The Horizon T101 is even able to fold up when not in use, Horizon T101 is ideal for people who prefer to workout at the comfort of their home. .
Horizon T101 Product Features
- Durable Frame
- High-end frame made from quality steel can withstand even the most intense workout sessions.
- Quiet Operation
- Though it has a 2.25HP continuous motor, it is very quiet where you could walk/run on it while watching TV or listening to your music
- Belt Size
- With 20 x 55-inch belt size, it can accommodate most people of different sizes
- Speed Range & Incline
- 0 to 10 MPH with a 0 to 10-percent grade and speed increments of 0.5 mph is well catered for beginners just starting an exercise regimen to advanced athletes looking to maintain their fitness level
- 9 Program Options
- Choose one of 3 targets—Time, Distance, Calories—and one of 3 workouts—Manual, Intervals, Weight Loss—for a completely unique and tailored workout experience.
- Sonic Surround Speakers
- In addition to two quality speakers, the console includes an MP3 input for playing your favorite workout music, and a headphone output for privacy.
- Pulse Grip Heart Rate Monitoring
- You will never have to worry that you are over stretched on the treadmill
Horizon T101 Technical Details
- Drive Motor: 2.25 CHP
- Speed Range: 0 – 10 MPH
- Elevation Range: 0 – 10% (.5% increments)
- Running Area: 20” x 55”
- Belt Thickness: 1.4 mm
- Cushion System: PerfectFLEX™ cushioning
- User Feedback: 3 orange LED windows, LED brickyard, and target/workout LED indicators
- User Programs: 9 program options that allows you to choose one of three targets (Time, Distance, Calories) in combination with one of three workouts (Manual, Intervals, Weight Loss)
- Speakers: Yes – Sonic Surround™ speakers with MP3 compatibility
- Fan: Yes – COOLfit fitness fan
- Contact (Hand Grip): Yes
- Wireless Heart Rate: N/A
- Chest Strap: N/A
- Frame: Lifetime
- Motor: Lifetime
- Parts: 1 year
- Labor: 1 year
- User Capacity: 300 lbs
- Assembled: 71″L x 33″W x 55″H
- Boxed: 73″L x 30″W x 12″H
What the Review Team Thinks About This Horizon Fitness T101 Treadmill?
With the sub $600 price range, Horizon T101 has add-ons and features that are not found in other treadmills. For example, the Horizon Fitness T101 treadmill has a decent 2.25 hp motor, a powered 10% incline, a 300-lb user weight, LED display, MP3 docking station and speakers, cooling fan, variable cushioning system, and a one-year parts & labor warranty.
Although Horizon T101 is huge and heavy, we took around 45 minutes to assemble which is quite reasonable,. The hand tools provided with the packaging are pretty simple to use and the assembly instructions are very clear.
The Horizon T101 Treadmill has a very wide running area considering its mid-range price. The running area is 20″ x 55″ which makes this one of the largest running areas in the sub $600 price range. So pretty much anyone in the family can run on it without worry. The arms are in a nice position to ease the amount of impact on the runners back.
We also like the iPod speaker feature which is great for people who want to listen to their iPods while running, and not have to clip it to their bodies somehow. Plus, if you want to keep cool as you run, there is a fan that blows cold air at you. The fan is built into the console and has 3 settings – another little luxury you wouldn’t expect on a treadmill at this mid-price range.
We like that Horizon T101 has buttons for each incline (1%-10%) and each speed (1mph-10mph). Also, there are arrow buttons you can push to adjust incline by 0.5, and to adjust speed by 0.1mph, which means it is very easy to go from the top speed of 10 mph to much lower speed of say two or 3 mph. You will not have to hold down a button to slow down when you’re going top speed on your treadmill. Just press one button and get back to concentrating on your stride.
There is one thing a lot of treadmill manufacturers seem to neglect when they design some of the lower end treadmills is programs. Most treadmills that retail for less than $600 come with an anemic list of programs that are pathetic at best. The Horizon T101 Treadmill comes with 9 different fitness programs which is slightly above the average for this price range about a programs.
The control panel on the Horizon T101 has 9 different program modes that keep users excited about working out and allow them to set personal goals. Users can set Calorie, Distance or Time goals or follow one of 3 different workouts which include Intervals, Weight Loss and Manual Mode. Everything is controlled with just a few simple buttons, and information is displayed clearly on the orange backlit screen.
This Horizon treadmill is ideal for elderly individuals since its lowest speed is a mere 0.5 miles per hour. Most treadmills can only go down to about 0.7 MPH. The difference may seem minimal, but those who need to walk slowly will find this treadmill quite comfortable.
And lastly, Horizon Fitness T101 Treadmill is designed to fold up. The walking platform is able to fold up into a near-vertical position in order to save space. And the fact that Horizon Fitness did not skimp on the warranty for the Horizon T101, it stands out among other treadmill in this price range. Horizon T101 comes with a full one year parts and labor warranty which is more than other brands like Proform and NordicTrack.
Horizon T101 Treadmill Review
Let’s summarize the good and bad points of Horizon Fitness T101 Treadmill feedback by the customers.
Good (Pros) of Horizon T101
- PerfectFLEX™ deck cushioning provides the right mix of shock absorption and support. Good for people with sensitive joints.
- Large, heavy frame is stable during the most intense exercise sessions.
- Durable, 2-ply belt, with a longer, 20″ x 55″ workout space that is roomy and easy to exit.
- 2.25 CHP motor is powerful, quiet, and backed by a lifetime warranty.
- 0 to 10 mph and 0-10% incline ranges let you take your workout to a more challenging level.
- 3 Orange LED windows with an LED brickyard, and target/workout LED indicators.
- 9 program options with 3 targets (Time, Distance, Calories) and 3 workouts (Manual, Intervals, Weight Loss) add variety to your routine.
- Sonic Surround™ speakers with MP3 player input makes it easy to exercise to your favorite workout playlist; also includes a headphone output for privacy.
- COOLfit™ fitness fan keeps you cool as you walk, jog or run.
- Horizon T101 can be folded up vertically for easy storage
Bad (Cons) of Horizon T101
- Horizon T101 is quite large in size and heavy. Thus, not easy to move it around
- It cannot be folded completely vertical
- Fan direction not adjustable
Tips on Using Horizon Fitness T101 Treadmill
- Horizon Fitness T101 treadmill is heavy, you should decide where you want it before setting it up,
- After assembly the running belt must be lubricated and will require lubrication every 150 miles. (Lubricant for two applications is included in the shipment.)
- While the Horizon T101 packs some good value into the price, it’s still an economy unit and probably not the best for hardcore runners or heavy users. Hardcore runners or heavier users may want to step up to a higher end treadmill with stronger motors, longer belts and more advanced cushioning.
- To use the heart rate monitor to get an accurate reading, you need to step off the belt and onto the side-rails
Horizon T101 Is For People Who:
If you are looking for a budget treadmill that you would use for walking or light jogging, then you should definitely consider this Horizon T101. However, I wouldn’t recommend it to serious runners. It lacks the power, features and quality commonly required by hardcore runners. If you really want a treadmill built for serious runners please choose a unit in the $1,000 or above price range.
What Are People Raving About Horizon T101?
Let’s find out what Mike has to say about this Horizon T101
”When I was looking to buy a new treadmill to replace my old one that had finally died I was more concerned with how well the treadmill functioned and how well built it was over how many bells and whistles it came with. What sold me on the T101 was the lifetime warranty on the motor and the frame. If they’re willing to guarantee the motor to last a lifetime, and by lifetime they mean the lifetime of the owner, then it must be a good one.
One of things I like best about it is there are dedicated buttons for each of the speed and incline levels. So you can quickly change speed and incline levels. It’s also super quiet. The motor makes practically no noise at all. You can easily watch tv while walking on it. If you run on it you may have to turn up the volume on your TV a little bit but that’s to be expected.
Speaking of walking and running, I’ve done both on this treadmill and it has performed without a hitch. On my old treadmill the speed would fluctuate as much as .3 mph. That may not seem like much but if you’re trying to run or even walk on a treadmill that can’t maintain a steady speed keeping your balance becomes almost impossible. The T101 maintains a rock steady pace whether you walk, jog, or run on it.” … John Gregory
“I researched the hell out of treadmill before buying this one looking at Costco, Sams Club, Amazon, Sears, etc and reading product reviews all over the internet. What sold me on this the most was the east of assembly and the sturdiness. My husband is 6′-2 and 300lbs. This has a 300lb deck and we have had no problems. Also what this offered over other models in the same class was 2″ more of deck, a beefier motor and longer warranty…all big pluses when you live in a rural area. A pleasant surprise on this model that wasn’t listed was a cooling fan feature with three settings to at least move the air around your face when you get that heart pumping and a little sweat rolling down.
This is a fold up model, but I would like it more if folded up a full 90 degrees, but even at an angle, this has one of the highest angles that I’ve seen, folding at about at 65-70 degree angle…very much out of the way.” … Karen Best
“As far as the treadmill. I LOVE IT! I enjoy the quiet motor. The treadmill is smooth and glides effortlessly under my feet. I enjoy the level of cushion I feel under me feet. The iPod adapter and speakers are FANTASTIC! As I run I like to get lost in great music or a wonderful Dean Koontz’s novel. The treadmill is very functional and is easy to use. Transitions between various speeds and inclines are smooth and seamless. I like to push my workouts and this treadmill works well with my goals. For the money this is an awesome deal… if you are remotely handy with the tools they supply don’t waste your money having someone else to assemble it… because it was so easy. NOW it is HEAVY getting it out of the box… I am 225 pounds and I found it a little heavy to move by myself… but I did it.” … Latra T. Rogers
“For the price, this treadmill is as good as it gets. The cushioning is amazing, and I love the easy one touch MPH buttons to change speed easily for interval work. I use the fan and the MP3 connection. Comfort in knowing I have a lifetime warranty on the motor. Couldn’t be happier with the treadmill. Bought it from a local sports store so I have in town support if needed. I ran 8 miles yesterday on the treadmill and no soreness whatsoever today. Much better than running outside for wear and tear on my body. Go horizon!” … Kaly Gillette Shippen
“I have had problems just getting out there and exercising, time, traffic, etc. Every time I go to the gym, all the machines are taken. I wanted my own equipment. I did some research and read the reviews of others. I liked what I read and I liked the price. My treadmill came in today. I cannot believe it took me this long to make this purchase. This machine will give the machines in the gyms a run for the money. This thing will pay for itself in just a few months. No gym fees, loss of time, or gas. Love it. It was a bonus to find that it has a fan that blows on you while exercising and the built in speaker is great, no more headphones!!! Highly recommend this purchase.
Ok. I’ve had the treadmill for 4 days. It is so nice to get on it when you want, you can watch what you want while exercising, or listen to what you want. I have run every day since I’ve had it. I used to get aggravated trying to jog in a high traffic community where people aren’t looking or just don’t care. The treadmill has a nice wide belt with good running length as well. The cushioning is really amazing and the controls are a cinch to operate.” … Clint
Verdict: Horizon Fitness T101 Treadmill
Verdict: If you’re looking for a budget treadmill to do some light jogging and walking and the Horizon Fitness T101 Treadmill is one of the best options in the market.
The Horizon T101 is a simple, affordable treadmill that’s getting a lot of buzz from the consumer magazine “Best Buy” rating. With a decent 2.25 HP motor, 10% powered incline, heart rate monitor and 9 built in workouts, and with an excellent assortment of features, including the LED display, the MP3 docking station and speakers, and the fact that this Horizon Treadmill comes out of one of the best treadmill factories in the world makes Horizon T101 the best treadmill for this price range.
Although Horizon T101 is still a starter treadmill and probably not best for hardcore runners or heavier users, it gives overall good value at this price point. We strongly recommend the Horizon Fitness T101 Treadmill for a treadmill priced below $600.
Where To Buy Horizon T101?
That’s a really important question. We want to be sure that you are getting a really good deal. So we did some extensive research on Horizon Treadmill and found it to be Amazon.com
If you order today you can have a saving of $200 on the normal purchase price of the Horizon T101.
We have checked out most of the popular local stores, their car seat prices for Horizon T101 ranges from $600 to $750 where Amazon is selling below $600, and with the FREE Super Saver Shipping, that is really a very good deal. Horizon T101 is indeed the Best Treadmill under $600.
Amazon is reputable company that stands out in consumer services. You will have a piece of mind because not only they will make sure you get the Horizon T101 on time but they are very actively in updating you the status of your delivery. Many Horizon T101 customers reported that the Amazon Customer Service is excellent.
We are not sure how long will these special deals last, so if you have enjoyed reading the many benefits and features of the Horizon Fitness T101 Treadmill then this may be the Best Mid Price Range Treadmill for you.